Monday, January 30, 2006

Upgrading home computer...ug

So I've been thinking about my home computer a lot lately. It's in dire need of some work. I spent a few hours this weekend cleaning up spy/mal/junkware on it and it made me realize what a POS it is.

It's one of those cheapo Dell machines and I think the multiple power outages at home have done some damage to the harddrive. I've been thinking about putting an additional drive in there (for mp3's and images), but now I'm thinking I need to throw together a RAID or buy some NAS device. ug... That's going to hurt the bank.

How is everyone else dealing with backing up data and the wonderful world of failing hds? Do tell!

In the process of upgrading, I think I need at least 2 more LCDs and some sort of ethernet mp3 device to connect my mp3 collection upstairs with my stereo downstairs. oh, and maybe a water cooled overclocked cpu... and a robot... that does massage...

No comments: