Friday, January 27, 2006

My own MRI

I had to pick up some medical records from my orthopedist today to take to my surgeon. One of the things I picked up was copies of my latest MRI on my right knee. MRIs are really friggen cool. I've been pouring over the images and posted a few that show some of the things wrong in my knee.

Images here

I need to photoshop them to point out the problems, but you should be able to see the ding in the lateral condyle. Yuck.

I wonder how much it would cost to get a full body MRI... it would be so fun to scroll through the images from your head to your toes! ahh... nerd fun...

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Cool images. Very cool.

It cost me about $600 to get my head scanned in 2000. I doubt it's come down much. However, the CT scan can get almost the same sort of image and it's a lot cheaper. I believe it's $3-4K without insurance.