Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Extent of my injuries

Saw the doctor again this morning for the results of my MRI on my knee. After a 55 minute wait to see the doctor, we looked through the MRI images again and the official "reading" of the MRI. The first note on the reading stated there was effusive fluid (i.e. swelling) in my knee. ya, duh...

The rest of the results point to another lateral osteochondral defect, just like my other knee. My doctor is thinking it's not as bad as the other one was and may not need the same allograft surgery. I may only need a good scope and possibly a microfracture procedure (6 weeks recovery), instead of the allograft (12 weeks zero weight bearing). We decided to wait 2 more weeks to see if things get better and we can push off the scope, but we'll most likely have to do it soon. Let's hope it's a small defect...

Some links to cool knee stuff:
Types of proceedures defined.
Some data on allograft proceedures.

No comments: