Saturday, April 16, 2005

Removing Red Wine from Carpet

So I managed to spill a full wine glass of deep red port on my new carpet last night. I'm still not sure what happened, but some how my laptop hit the glass and it went off the table and made a nice big stain with tons of little splattered marks. Believe me, I wasn't so happy. Ran upstairs to grab the instruction manual for my carpet (yes, I have an instruction manual!) and it suggested ammonia. Now if you're a twenty-something male who lives alone, why would you have a bottle of ammonia? I sure don't, but somehow I thought about Windex. Windex claims to have ammonia in it, so wtf, I'll give it a shot. I've tried just about everything else at my last place and that carpet looks terrible.

Windex removes red wine stains instantly!!!

It really is amazing. A little squirt of Windex and Anne and my jaws dropped. After soaking up the Windex with some water and letting it dry overnight it is very hard to find the stain and so far, no adverse effects from the Windex.

Even though I stained my new carpet I'm pretty excited to discover Windex.

No comments: