Thursday, April 28, 2005

Music is rad

So I came home tonight after a long day meaning to play some mindless video games. See I installed Age of Empires II again last night. We used to play this game for hours and hours at my last job. So much fun we had while we thought we were working hard. I miss those days, not the pay mind you, but the good people and playing games during and after work. AOE is a load of fun, kinda like chess only more fun. Anyway, I never got around to playing tonight as I started up WinAmp and browsed through the WinAmp Videos. I'm not watching a 30 song play list of streaming videos.

I miss how into music I used to be. I don't care what the press says, I bought more music, listened to more music, went to more concerts, and shared more music with my friends back when Napster, mp3.com, and the like were around. Today music has gone back to the pre-internet days when everything we hear on the radio or TV sucks. Just plain sucks. It's all crap. I have no idea what bands are good anymore and I've found myself at too many jam band concerts. Some how I seem to think that because they are some jam band that's not on the radio they must be good. Well they suck too. I don't want to dance for 3 hours to music that has to release. I want tension and RELEASE!!! I want big loud guitars and drums, huge wanking guitar bends, slapping bass solos, screaming lyrics that no one understands! What happened to all the good music? I have a feeling it's out there, but we don't know about it because Clear Channel won't play it and the record companies pour all their money into Jennifer Lopez, Brittney Spears, and Justin Timberlake. bah...

I'm pretty excited about NIN and Weezer releasing new albums. Maybe they'll be decent at least. Maybe I'll actually pay for them. That is if they aren't $17.99.

No comments: