Thursday, February 02, 2006

NO SURGERY!!!!

Just saw my knee surgeon (for my second opinion) and he thinks everything looks ok and I don't need surgery!!! He thinks that, due to how the injury happened, I dislocated my kneecap. This in turn caused the swelling, pain, discomfort, etc. I have dislocated my kneecap on my left knee about 7 times and the pain is similar to how my right feels. It obviously wasn't bad enough that it stayed dislocated.

The ding that shows up in the MRI is not significant in his opinion to warrant surgery. He gave me another brace to hold my patella in place and sent me on my very merry way. If in 6-8 weeks I have any popping, clicking, or locking, they will still need to scope it, but let's hope that doesn't happen.

I feel pretty darn good right now. And due to the miracle of positive thinking, my knee feels better. I may still have damage in there, but at least I have a stay of execution.

No comments: