Saturday, June 18, 2005

Canon camera woes

I'm sure everyone noticed that there haven't been any new pictures up in my image gallery. That's thanks to my Canon S400 crapping out on me. A while back it started giving memory card errors that would, from time to time, go away long enough to get a few pictures. Now the errors are permanent and the camera doesn't work at all.
I did some searching around online only to find out that many people have had the same problem, right around the 2 year mark, just after the warranty is up. I emailed Canon support only to get the same answer that everyone else got; minimum $150-$300 repair charge, not including parts or additional damages. Wonderful...
It's too bad I told so many people to buy these cameras, I really hope that their cameras don't have the same problem.

I will give Canon one prop. They offer an upgrade to a S410 for $175. That's at least kinda nice. A $250 camera for only $175... plus the $365 for the camera that doesn't work...

Eli's selling his old Olypmus C4000 with the Light and Motion underwater housing. I'm thinking about buying that, but it's slightly more that $175. What to do, what to do.

Darn toys

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I blamed dropping it! Shoot. Bad news. But good news at the end!